Skip to Main Content

Veterans Housing


The HUD-VASH program provides rental housing assistance vouchers specifically targeted towards homeless veterans. PHA’s work closely with the US Department of Veterans Affairs. In addition to the rental assistance provided through voucher assistance, the Veterans Affairs case management provides supportive services and case management to HUD-VASH voucher holders. The Greenville Housing Authority has received awards totaling 170 HUD-VASH vouchers to serve homeless veteran households.

  • 144 HUD VASH Vouchers
    • 2009 Allocation | 35
    • 2010 Allocation | 25
    • 2012 Allocation | 25
    • 2014 Allocation | 38
    • 2015 Allocation | 12
    • 2017 Allocation | 4
    • 2019 Allocation | 5
    • 2021 Allocation | 26

All HUD-VASH referrals are received through the US Department of Veterans Affairs case management team. All eligibility screening is conducted by the US Department of Veteran Affairs except income eligibility and for lifetime registration under a state sex offender registration program. A condition of eligibility for a HUD-VASH voucher is that the families receive VA case management services. A family’s HCV assistance must be terminated if the family refuses, without good cause, to participate in required case management with the VA.

If you are a homeless veteran and interested in receiving a HUD-VASH voucher, please contact the Greenville VA Outpatient Clinic at 864-299-1600 Ext. 2736 to see if you qualify.

 VASH Page - Santoria King Wilson