The New Year - Message from the Executive Director
As 2016 ends and 2017 begins, I would like to take this opportunity to extend our best wishes for a safe and prosperous New Year from all of us at the Greenville Housing Authority.
We have had several successes this past year that I am very proud of. Some of these successes include:
- Opening of the Manor at West Greenville
- Comprehensive renovation of 109 single family homes
- Housing 185 homeless families (of which 135 were homeless veterans)
- Preserving 123 affordable units through the comprehensive renovation of the Brookhaven and Westview communities
- Providing affordable housing to 7,000 + individuals throughout Greenville county
As we approach the new year, Greenville Housing Authority will continue to work with you to improve the quality of life for all current and future residents. It is our hope that 2017 will be a year when members in our community more often extend a helping hand to their neighbors, coworkers, family, friends, and strangers in need.
It's a real pleasure to say "thank you" to our Commissioners and residents as we wish you a full year of happiness and success.
Please contact my office if my staff and I can be of assistance.
Ivory Mathews, Executive Director