SERC-NAHRO 2018 Website of the Year Award
The Southeastern Regional Council of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (SERC-NAHRO) announced the following awards on Sunday, June 24, 2018 at its 2018 Annual Conference in Norfolk, Virginia:
WEBSITE OF THE YEAR
PHA’s websites from our member states were submitted and judged on these seven criteria: Color and Design; Innovation; Content; Technology; Interactivity; Copywriting and User Friendliness. Website of Year winners were:
- Staunton Redevelopment & Housing Authority - Staunton, VA
- Executive Director | Wanda Stevens
- Danville Housing Authority - Danville, KY
- Executive Director | Tim Kitts
- Bristol Redevelopment & Housing Authority - Bristol, VA
- Executive Director | Lisa R. Porter
- The Greenville Housing Authority - Greenville, SC
- Executive Director | Ivory N. Matthews
NEWSLETTER OF THE YEAR
Newsletters were judged on appearance, clarity, format, content and structure. 7 of the 10 member states submitted entries. Agency Newsletter of the Year Award winners were:
- The SHA Update - Starkville Housing Authority, Starkville, MS
- Executive Director | Amy Jones Bishop
- BHA Newsletter - Burlington Housing Authority, Burlington, NC
- Executive Director | Veronica Revels
- Neighborhood News - Housing Authority of Owensboro, Owensboro, KY
- Executive Director | Shauna Boom
Extra Large PHA
- Pathways to Empowerment - Housing Authority of High Point, High Point, NC
- Chief Executive Officer | Angela G. McGill
SERC-NAHRO is a regional council under the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials and is comprised of ten State Association’s and two territories.
VISION: The vision of SERC-NAHRO is to empower local housing and community development agencies to build and expand their capacity to provide safe, affordable housing and increased quality of life in the communities they serve.
MISSION: The mission of SERC-NAHRO is to provide quality education and training, information, networking opportunities and advocacy for its members.
- Goal 1: Offer education and training programs targeted to the specific needs of SERC-NAHRO members
- Goal 2: Create communications programs and technologies, which enhance the ability of members to take advantage of various SERC-NAHRO programs and activities.
- Goal 3: Serve as the primary legislative and regulatory advocates for SERC-NAHRO members.
- Goal 4: Expand membership programs and services that maximize SERC-NAHRO’s membership and recruitment and retention efforts.