The New Year - Message from the Executive Director
As 2017 ends and 2018 begins, I would like to take this opportunity to extend our best wishes for a safe and prosperous New Year from all of us at the Greenville Housing Authority.
We have had several successes this past year that we are very proud of. Some of these successes include:
- 2 families purchased homes under the Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Program
- 60-unit new construction Heritage at Sliding Rock senior community opened in September
- 92 LIHTC units added to our portfolio through purchasing the general partnership interest in two properties
- 109 single family homes comprehensively renovated
- 123 affordable units preserved through the comprehensive renovation of the Brookhaven (Harbor at West Greenville) and Westview (Gallery at West Greenville) communities
- 161 units transitioned from public housing to Rental Assistance Demonstration
- 185 homeless families housed (of which 135 were homeless veterans)
- 523 landlords partnering with us to house over 3,000 families
- 7,000+ individuals provided affordable housing throughout Greenville county
As we approach the new year, Greenville Housing Authority will continue to work with you to improve the quality of life for all current and future residents. It is our hope that 2018 will be a year when members in our community more often extend a helping hand to their neighbors, coworkers, family, friends, and strangers in need.
It's a real pleasure to say, "thank you" to our Commissioners and residents as we wish you a full year of happiness and success.
Please contact my office if my staff and I can be of assistance.
Ivory N. Mathews